No 3g data on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by icurnvs, Jun 25, 2010.

1. icurnvs macrumors newbie

Anyone else having an issue where 3g data isn't working on the iphone4? It was working earlier today, but various speed tests have resulted in extremely unreliable results. Latency times have ranged from 400ms to 45000 ms. Both upload and download speeds have ranged from 0 to 1.5mbps depending on the attempt. Web pages don't load or load very inconsistently.

I'm able to get around the issue by turning off 3G data and relying on edge. Anyone else getting this?

I'm on AT&T in AZ-US.

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Try rebooting the phone.

I was having the same problem all day. I just rebooted it and now it's connecting to 3G again.

I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing. My wifes phone isn't having the same issues.

3. DuckSauce macrumors newbie

Yep having the same problem. The internet is slow or not even working. I called my friend to see if he was having the same problem with his iphone 4 and he was not. So i have no idea what the hell is going on.

4. icurnvs thread starter macrumors newbie

Oddly enough, it seems to be whatever 3g tower I'm connecting to at work that's causing the issue. When I left work yesterday, my 3g data started working when I got away from the building.

I hope this is something that can be fixed and not something I have to live with. 3g data worked just fine w/ my old iPhone 3g, but not w/ the iPhone 4. Could the signal bars be not-so-accurate?