No 3G internet on 3G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kidtronix, Jul 25, 2008.

1. kidtronix macrumors regular

Brand new unhacked 3G iPhone, 3G internet is not working. The 3G logo in the top does not appear, I live in NYC, so it's because of lack of coverage...

I just came back from the Apple store where they had replaced my Sim-card due to a fualty (the pretty common "no-sim problem"). I guess I didn't look twice on the phone when getting it back to be sure it said 3G, I just saw the bars and was happy... sometimes the 3G kicks in a minute later.

Question is really, who do I go to? Apple or AT&T? Sounds like an AT&T problem, but Apple are more helpful.

2. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

My iPhone wouldn't pick up 3G the other day in an area I normally have coverage. A hard reset solved it and 3G popped up straight away.

Your problem sounds a little more complicated, it'd at least try calling AT&T first

3. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I've been having problems with the phone not switching to 3G from EDGE in a 3G area. The easiest way to fix it is to go into Settings>Network and turn enable 3G off and back on.

4. kidtronix thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I tried resetting, turning off, rebooting, etc. I'll give AT&T a call... hmph.

5. Keeval macrumors member

Keeval

Hi,

I had the same situation a couple of days ago - I went into Settings > General > Reset > Network Reset

That seemed to sort it out for me, give it a try.

6. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Same problem...

Had poor signal, so I had the SIM card swapped out at AT&T, never realized I wasn't getting any edge or 3G until an hour after... not even GPRS. So I went back to AT&T got yet another SIM, and now it's working fine.