No 3G on my Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphone joe, Feb 10, 2011.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

There is no 3G on my Verizon iPhone, all I have is an o next to Verizon. Even in settings under network it doesn't even list 3G to enable or not. What is happening?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Could be a network problem.

Do you have any other phone to test it on?

3. Verizon4me? macrumors newbie

??

I have the same problem what a believe is since there is no way to control the 3G it's a fake data icon because even jailbroken with an settings u can't turn off "3G" so probably the 3G icon is really a data icon and you can't change the Verizon logo and when the 3G goes away it's slower then my globule Internet on a unlocked iPhone ???????

4. MichXP macrumors newbie

The only option you have to disable 3G is to turn off "Cellular Data" under the General/Network settings.

This may look like a dumb question, but it's worth asking, are you positive 3G is offered in your area/neighborhood? Do you get 3G outside of the location where you're getting no signal?

Check Verizon's website for their 3G map.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, maybe there's an outage in your area if you cant connect to 3G and you go down to slower 2G or worst connections. Assuming you had 3G coverage before I'd call up Verizon to check on it.

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I'm having the same issue. My phone keeps dropping from 3G to "O". It is really odd, I feel like it is causing my battery to drain fairly quickly as well. From 8am to 12p, I will likely see a 25% drop in battery. Email set to pull every hour, no programs running and no calls.

I'm thinking I should probably send this phone back and get a replacement. Anyone else having these issues? :rolleyes:

7. patp Guest

Sounds like a dead zone. Yep VZW does have em too. Your battery will drain faster as your phone is working harder to find a signal.

Rule the air.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

When did Verizon get 3G?

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A very slow 3G:D