no 3g, or egde where I am haha

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

good buy off the iphone but no 3g or edge haha got GPRS which isn't to bad actually..

Like, I can still be connected to the net w/o egde which is alright.. I got a massive 1.72mpbs in a bus station on egde today haha

2. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Gosh, same here.

When I turn on the iphone this morning I got 1 3G bar. Then nothing. And its been switching between Edge and GPRS all day while sitting in the same room.

End up using my own wifi for internet access.

3. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Are you guys in Canada? I've been having the same problem on the Rogers network here in Toronto. No 3G or Edge at all intermittently thoughout the day today.

4. docwoz macrumors newbie

Starting last night, all i've gotten is a little dot (i'm assuming this means GPRS) and the little E for edge is gone (although it comes in every once in a while).

The girlfriend is pressuring me to drop the iphone because half the time she tries to call me, it goes straight to vmail. So sad that in the center of Chicago, the phone is so unreliable that completing calls is 50/50. I love this phone, but at&t is just beyond awful. What a shame that apple let this happen.

5. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in a rural area of birtan, but I can still get on the GPRS.

6. KPEN7 macrumors member

i live in chicago so im getting full 3g all the time and Wi-Fi at my house. But over the weekend i was at a friends cottage in michigan city, indiana. All the service i got up there was like 2 bars of EDGE.

painfully slow......... dont think i could ever deal with edge for that long again

7. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Im at a forgotten part of Britain, surprised to see the 3 icon popped up at all.

9. brl25 macrumors newbie

I couldnt connect to edge either after the 2.1 update... however i went into settings and reset the network settings and since then ive had really strong edge connections everywhere... no 3G here though.

10. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I get no 3G half the time I'm using my phone. In the middle of Downtown Denver of all places. Call quality pales in comparison to T-Mobile.

Not too happy with ATT, iPhone is pretty neat otherwise though.

11. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

i don't care about it, if i can get on the net I can :)