Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Hey everyone.

I'm the owner of a hacktivated iPhone 4 that was previously on 4.0.1. I restored it to 4.1 this morning with a custom ispw I created with PwnageTool and installed ultrasn0w. However, after I'm on 4.1, My iPhone can no longer access 3G data from my cell provider. I restored it many more times and it still doesn't work. Screenshots attached.

Also, I lost the ability to Facetime. The toggle just doesn't appear in Settings -> Phone. Screenshot also attached.

I've restored 3 times to no avail. Can someone help me? :(

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    181.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo Oct 21, 3 30 52 PM.png
    Photo Oct 21, 3 30 52 PM.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 59

maxbsan

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
San Diego
Solution!!

Heya!! I got this problem too, but got the solution.

This happens because a problem with the carrier. Do this…

Open Cydia, go to Manage>Sources> Edit> Add
Add this source: http://cydia.pushfix.info

Now search and install the package "Carrier Reset Fix"

After installing it, take out the SIM Card… and then instert it again.

Now just go to Settings> Phone> FaceTime… and activate it!!

Easy!!
MaxBSan :D

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Thank you so much! My 3G works perfectly now. Gotta love being able to tweet everywhere. :D

My FaceTime button appeared, but when I switch it on it's stuck on "waiting for activation"...so this didn't happen to you?

kirtm

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
No 3G or Facetime after Pwnage 4.1

Heya!! I got this problem too, but got the solution.

This happens because a problem with the carrier. Do this…

Open Cydia, go to Manage>Sources> Edit> Add
Add this source: http://cydia.pushfix.info

Now search and install the package "Carrier Reset Fix"

After installing it, take out the SIM Card… and then instert it again.

Now just go to Settings> Phone> FaceTime… and activate it!!

Easy!!
MaxBSan :D

I tried these steps and still can't get 3G--not so worried about Facetime. Is there a reboot in here somewhere?

kirtm

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
@ImperialX Thanks for the response. I was impatient, downloaded 4-1-1 pwnage tool and redid the whole process and now everything is fine. I must have done something wrong in the first go round.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
It should be noted that those using an AT&T SIM won't have this problem as the SIM will/should activate it for you.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
It should be noted that those using an AT&T SIM won't have this problem as the SIM will/should activate it for you.

But the thing is, my facetime worked before.

@ImperialX Thanks for the response. I was impatient, downloaded 4-1-1 pwnage tool and redid the whole process and now everything is fine. I must have done something wrong in the first go round.

Does your Facetime work too? I may do it again with 4.1.1 too if your one worked...and you're using ultrasn0w?

kirtm

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
@ImperialX I'm not sure 4.1.1 was the fix--I think I chose a wrong option in the pwnage tool. When I ran 4.1.1 I chose "Yes" to the question about having an AT&T sim. After that, both 3G and Facetime worked fine. Hope this helps

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
@ImperialX I'm not sure 4.1.1 was the fix--I think I chose a wrong option in the pwnage tool. When I ran 4.1.1 I chose "Yes" to the question about having an AT&T sim. After that, both 3G and Facetime worked fine. Hope this helps

But I don't have an AT&T SIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.