No 3G Reception with 2.0.2 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shinenjk, Aug 18, 2008.

1. shinenjk macrumors regular

Sitting in my room, the same spot where I type away here at Macrumors.com, I get 0 3G reception after the 2.0.2 update. Before I got 2 bars.

Good job Apple. Keep it up!

2. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

You should downgrade and see if your reception comes back

3. shinenjk thread starter macrumors regular

How do I do that?

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

5. shinenjk thread starter macrumors regular

I just went out for a quick errand run and I still get no 3G reception even when I'm OUTSIDE.

This is going to really hurt Apple. They will lose a lot of trust/support if they keep messing up like this.

6. shinenjk thread starter macrumors regular

NM I did a hard restart and it works now. But the speed still seems pretty unreliable.

7. pj rage macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was getting OK signal but NO data would transfer on 3G at all. Nada. Tried a few sites, just wouldn't go. Hard restart and it started sluggish, much slower than usual. Another reset and it seems to now be loading stuff about as fast as before. Speed test reports 1.04mbps which is roughly what it was before. (Usually is between 750kbps and 1.5mbps). Definitely not any better signal or anything like that, though, and the latency was like 400ms where it was usually 200ms or less. IMO, just from a using it perspective, so far, I'd rather have 2.0.1 I think. But I'll give it another day and try other locations than my home.

8. peter66 macrumors newbie

If you want a free, objective way to check the reception in your area BEFORE you lock yourself with a specific carrier, you should really check out “Got Reception?” (http://www.gotreception.com).