No 3G service w/ iTouch 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FallenAnjel, Sep 8, 2010.

1. FallenAnjel macrumors member

Sorry if this was mentioned, I looked thru 3 or 4 pages, and didn't see anything.

I guess there's no 3G option w/ 4th Gen iTouch? I was really hoping for that, so you could always have service. I'd be willing to pay for a 3G plan for that reason. So often I could use an app or something or could check something on the net, and I can't.

I won't buy until the spring when I get my tax return. I'm glad they at least have a camera. :)

2. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

Nope, no 3G service. They really cant start cutting too far into the iPhone market, otherwise people would just buy a iPod touch.

3. Kowaku macrumors newbie

You're looking for an iPhone 4 sir, not an iPod.

4. Noisemaker Guest

This.

If you want 3G, get an iPhone, or a 3G iPad.

5. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I think what he wants is a palm-size (read: not an iPad) computer with month-to-month (read: no contract) 3G data access (like iPad) and WITHOUT a voice plan.

Doesn't seem like an unreasonable wish to me. Maybe premature by a couple years (from the sounds of it they could barely fit the camera in there, let alone stuff in a cellular baseband chip), but not completely wacko.

-- Nathan

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Get a MyFi or something, Apple will probably not make a 3G iPod Touch in a while, that would just eat too much of the iPhone's market, and would also make it way more expansive, keep in mind that they ask an extra 129$ for the 3G on the iPad, that means that the iPod Touch could reach 529$ Prices (64GB) which would already eat some iPad market or the iPad would it the iPod's market