No 4K 60FPS Hype?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheColtr, Sep 13, 2017.

1. TheColtr macrumors 6502

i truly don’t know why no one is hyped about the new iPhones taking 4K video at 60 FPS, and Full HD at 240fps. Most DSLRs can’t to 4K 60FPS, nor can any of the current smartphones (that I’m aware of). I have been waiting for this moment and it’s finally here. Buttery smooth 4K video!

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

There are a few chinese only brands that do 4K at 60 FPS, but it is the first western mainstream phone to do so.

But personally, 1080p is good enough for my home videos. I don't need to see my daughter drooling in 4K. Sure, it could be nice on vacations when you get that special view that you need to save, but I travel very rarely.

3. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

4k at 24 and 60 fps along with the better camera specs is the main reason I'm getting the X!

4. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I think it's a great feature, although it's one likely to lead to complaints at some point from those who actually use it regularly.

The amount of storage space it eats up will be astronomical for anything other than the occasional short video.

5. Eltina macrumors newbie

Eltina

6. chrismahon macrumors newbie

Does the X shoot HDR video? I'm all up for 4K 60, would be great if it also did HDR. Arstechina seem to say it does but can't find anything about this on the Apple site.