No access to app store = screwed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shakin2012, Aug 9, 2011.

1. shakin2012 macrumors newbie

To cut a long story short.... macbook hard disk went caput, bought a replacement. can't find restore disks, next to impossible to get of the net, impossible to get of apple. Fine i'll install lion instead, only sold through app store, no access to app store as im only one i know with mac, wtf do i do other than go and loot an apple store here in the uk?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not sure why you cant get replacements from Apple

if its any help, you can get snow leopard from amazon (£26)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mac-OS-Snow-Leopard/dp/B001AMHWP8/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1

3. shakin2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes so i went and bought snow leopard again all because i get a restore disk, i love apple but they get up my nose at times more than any other company.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I don't know what you're talking about. If you'd actually called Apple's support line, they would have sent you replacement disks. It's cheap, and sometimes even free (though if you lost yours, obviously you can't really expect it to be free). Note that your store-bought copy of Snow Leopard obviously doesn't include iLife, which also came on your computer, while a set from Apple support would have. This question pops up over and over again, so searching the forums should have resulted in 10-15 recent threads with this exact information. Next time, I'd give that a try.

Also, I don't think the looting joke was particularly funny. Bad humor.

jW

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Stores like best buy in the us sell SL on disc, see if you can find a store that sells SL, I know Apple still does.