No action in iTunes Producer?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maoxinyu, Jun 17, 2010.

1. maoxinyu macrumors newbie

I downloaded the iTunes Producer 2.1.2 in order to put some books of mine onto the iBook Store.
    I installed iTP and logged in my Apple ID, but there was no any action in the first step. Looks like this:

[​IMG]

but in the iTP user guide, it should be:

[​IMG]

How could that be and how to figure this out?

I am using a macbook 466 with 2G Ram and 500G HD, OS X 10.6.
    But I've tried on a macbook pro with 4G Ram and 320G HD, OS X 10.6, it happened again.

Does anyone has this problem before? How you fixed it?
    Thank you all guys.

2. CHorror macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I have the same issue.

I wonder, if this is a new version, and maybe there is a glitch in it? Is there a way to download the previous Itunes Producer?

It says it should be compatible with a G4 1ghz Processor and I have 1.5Gb of Ram running OS 10.5.8

3. epark89 macrumors newbie

can't "choose an activity"

I'm having the same issue! :mad:
    Perhaps Apple doesn't want it to work yet for non-huge publishers? (i.e. the billions of wackos who want to publish)

I would love if someone could post a shell of an .itmsp (itunes music store protocol) file that the iTunes Producer could find and open from my desktop?

I would also welcome any posting of a link to a previous iTunes Producer version that might work.

Otherwise, I'm still hacking away

4. epark89 macrumors newbie

Problem solved!

The problem is due to not having a contract "in effect."
    Go to your iTunes Connect account and agree to a contract.

Here is the email explaining. (It worked for me)

"Hello Dr. Edward,

This means that you do not have any "in effect" contracts with iTunes. Once you have at least one contract "in effect" with iTunes you will be able to create and deliver your ebooks to iTunes via iTunes Producer. For any other eBook questions please contact our book team at iBookstore@apple.com. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kristen | iTunes Store
    Indie Music Content
    Technical Label Relations Group
    "