No Activation until the 24th?????

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dkap, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dkap macrumors newbie

Are you kidding me? I tore open my newly arrived iPhone4 and was prompted to input my zip and last 4 of my social.... only to get the following message.

A call to Apple resulted in the response that since the official release isn't until tomorrow, I won't be able to activate it until then. Has anyone else had this experience. I have a current ATT account with my 3G iphone. Judging by the number of people who are activated already, this would have to be a mistake, right?

Attached Files:

2. celticpride678

Apple's activation servers probably aren't live yet. You'll have to wait until tomorrow - be patient.

3. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

um, explain how 1,000s of others have been able to activate today and yesterday then ?

4. rbapple macrumors newbie

5. rbapple macrumors newbie

6. litfuel macrumors member

hmm

my phone says waiting for activation, this may take some time, it's already been 2 hours!

7. dkap thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to go

Restarted iTunes and shut off my 3g. One of the two actions obviously made a difference. Again, Apple's tech support hasn't got a clue. I don't know why I bother. Can't blame the girl who "investigated further," however. She got the word straight from her supervisor....

8. RBfKC10 macrumors member

It's completely idiotic, but you need to close Itunes, unplug your phone from your computer, and then plug it back in. Itunes then recognizes it as an unactivated iPhone, and prompts you to activate it. Why you can't right click "iPhone" in itunes and hit "activate" I have no idea.