No Adobe Audition!?!? Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by thriii, Sep 8, 2007.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

Why would adobe audition only be for windoze:confused: I need help finding a program like that for the mac.. I'm recording from vinyl straight into protools and getting sounds to make my own drumkits but I'm not liking the workflow in protools.. I don't want to have to split up something with regions..just doesn't feel like I'm looking at the right program for what I'm trying to do. I've heard of
    Peak Pro and Soundbooth.. I have no idea what I should be getting.. I just want something very close or better to audition..

Audacity is a pain..I don't know why.. but I just can't use that program..i hate it :)

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The "why" is because Adobe didn't invent it - they bought a pre-existing program called Cool Edit Pro - which was Win only. Adobe will probably never recode it for Mac as long as Apple includes GarageBand with the Mac.

As far as what is closest -- that's going to be very much personal preference.

Try one of the Bias Peak products - there are downloadable trial versions.

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

how is soundtrack pro compared to peak pro? it seems like a great program im leaning to 1 of the 2

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Soundtrack Pro is only available if you buy Final Cut Studio. You may be able to find one of the versions on Ebay before they bundled it with Final Cut Studio but they seem to be quite rare.

5. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

i guess I'll look around.. kinda frustrating finding this kinda program for mac :|

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    vinyl into Mac (just record straight into Wav or aiff files-> edit vinyl aiff's with Peak Pro 5 into slices for drum kit samples (or just use garageband to cut em up) -> Import sounds into iDrum -> bang out beats on midi Keyboard -> :)

7. l33r0y macrumors 6502