No Adobe programs will open Lion GM

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by drpellypo, Jul 6, 2011.

1. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

This has me baffled. If I try to open any of my Adobe programs (part of creative suite 5.5 - so bang up to date) it says 'to open xxx you need to install a java runtime environment, but you are not connected to the internet.'

If I try to install from java website it says use software updater and of course, there is no java runtime in Lion, so that's a no go. Odd thing is I was sure Adobe didn't use Java runtime any more anyway. Anyone any ideas what's going on??

Many thanks.

2. macmongral macrumors member

yes its easy you need the java DL from the dev site not the one from the site you tried

that should fix it if you are a dev else just wait

3. torana355 macrumors 68020

Im running CS5.5 Master Collection in Lion GM without any issues. When i first installed Lion, as soon as i opened up an App that needed Java it come up with a dialogue box and prompted me to install Java and it did so without any issues.

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

When I installed the GM, the first thing it asked me after the "scrolling video" was if I wanted to install a java runtime update. You must have bypassed that. Since you obviously a developer ;), you can download it from the dev site.

5. drpellypo thread starter macrumors 6502

No I'm not a developer, I'm a user of a well known parrot on shoulder derived website. I completely intend to give Apple £20 of my money on official release date, but I got impatient. I guess this is a case of lesson learned :p

Thanks guys.

6. torana355 macrumors 68020

Im not a developer either but Java installed fine for me.

7. drpellypo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah ha - a self solve! I was using an ethernet connection to my router, and had wireless turned off. This for some reason was telling software updater that I wasn't connected to the internet. Disabled ethernet, connected through wifi, and it installed Java. Thanks again for the help.

8. torana355 macrumors 68020

Nice :) Your 5.5 Master Collection all working now??

9. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Same happened to me. Have had zero issues so far.