Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I sell on eBay daily, and print my own postage. Shipped my first item tonight, since installing Lion and the Safari update, and the postage won't display in Safari in order to print. (Works in Chrome, but I have to print Intl customs forms in Safari, as they don't print correctly in Chrome.)

I just get a blank box where the customs form should be, with a message that says "Missing Plug-In". I reinstalled Java from MacUpdate, I checked a box in the Java Preferences that says "enable applet plug-in and Web Start applications". I downloaded Adobe Reader. Nothing will work. I Googled "Safari Adobe Reader Plug-In", and only found downloads for Windows.

How do I get the Reader plug-in for the new Safari/Lion?

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Sorry the for long explaination above.

Summary: Does anyone know how I can install the Adobe Reader plug-in for the new Safari? Used to work, now it doesn't (since installing Lion and new Safari update).

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Sorry the for long explaination above.

Summary: Does anyone know how I can install the Adobe Reader plug-in for the new Safari? Used to work, now it doesn't (since installing Lion and new Safari update).

As usual for Adobe, a lot of their crappy software has not been adjusted for Lion...you're gonna have to wait for an update from them, or use Safari's built-in PDF plugin.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not sure. Who makes the software that allows you to print the postage? Ebay ? You would need to contact them and make sure their software is compatible with Lion.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
As usual for Adobe, a lot of their crappy software has not been adjusted for Lion...you're gonna have to wait for an update from them, or use Safari's built-in PDF plugin.

That's fine, I'm OK with waiting. Just wondered if there was a quick fix I was missing. Thanks.

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
can't you just download and open with preview in the meantime? sorry i don't know if i totally understand your issue. like the others said though, i'm sure something is in the pipeline.

paigecoverdale

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Michigan
can't you just download and open with preview in the meantime? sorry i don't know if i totally understand your issue. like the others said though, i'm sure something is in the pipeline.

You cannot download in safari, it says "missing plug-in", firefox says, "additional plug-in needed" then you click the link and it says there is no suitable (one for apple) plug-in for your (one for apple) computer.

Google chrome displays the image incorrectly and if you try to print it, it prints incorrectly, but if you mouse over the lower right of the label, it does give you the option to download it. It then can be opened using Adobe Reader or Preview. It is working for now, but it's BS. Apple is now bigger than Microsoft and EXXON, so will someone please get Adobe, Firefox and Pitney Bowles to work. Sheesh >n<

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.