No AirDrop since El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by creativedogmedia, Dec 11, 2015.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I have tried a reinstall of El Capitan, deleting the bluetooth plist, resetting network settings on my iPhone but nothing works. Cant go from my 2014 MBP to my iPhone 6s and have been able to prior to El Capitan. Any other suggestions? Apple support tried everything except a fresh install of EC from Time Machine backup. Not really a fan of going through that if I don't have to.

Thanks.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Easy my solution is 10.10.5 El Capitan is by far the worst iteration OS X Apple has ever released, the fix that broke everything, turning productive Mac`s into ornaments...

Sorry am sick to my back teeth of 10.11 and Apple`s hubris

Q-6

3. GuilleA macrumors newbie

GuilleA

Old Mid-2012 MBA here, AirDrop works perfect both ways (from and to iPhone and viceversa). I did perform a clean install of El Cap, now running 10.11.2 (but I recall it worked perfectly since 10.11.0).
    AirDrops works with a combination of Bluetooth AND Wi-Fi, so maybe try deleting and re-creating your network location on OS X?

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I'm going back to Yosemite. I've tried everything.

5. dyn macrumors 68030

Just don't get your hopes up; for too many people AirDrop hasn't worked since day 1.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

That`s exactly what did as with Yosemite everything works as expected including Airdrop. !0.11 was nothing but a waste of time installing breaking many of Apple`s own applications. If Apple produces the same poor quality rubbish for 10.12 I will just flip everything to Windows.

Q-6

7. katbel macrumors member

katbel

I'm so fed up with Apple: days spent trying to fix this issue since ElCapitan
    I was hoping in a fix with 10.11.2 but nothing

Airdrop iOS to iOS works
    Airdrop mac to mac works
    Handoff iOS to Mac works

Airdrop iOS to Mac is a FAILURE!

It worked for me in Yosemite, what 's wrong!?
    I would like to go back to Yosemite too, but having Notes that doesn't work between iOS 9.2 and previous systems I have to stick with this for now
    I swear I will never update any device or Mac

8. dyn macrumors 68030

No idea but I have the same experience except that it has never worked between iOS and OS X. iOS-iOS and OS X-OS X works fine though. I do have a more complex network with VLANs and such which could be the reason why it isn't working for me.

9. katbel macrumors member

katbel

My network is simple , I don't understand