No Airplay icon in itunes HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Th3d0ctor, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

I've updated itunes to 10.1 and when I play a song the airplay icon doesn't appear on the bottom left. I'm running windows. WTF?

Anyone know whats up?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Do you have an Apple TV or an Airport Express? And are you connected to the same local network as one of them?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do you have an AirPort Express or AirPlay compatible device connected to your wireless network?

4. Th3d0ctor thread starter macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

Nope, I'm trying to use this hack that makes your iPhone into an airplay speaker. I assumed the airplay icon would just BE there :-/.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It only appears when an AirPlay device appears on the wireless network you're connected to. The hack obviously doesn't work.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The hack does work. My guess is that the OP hasn't done it properly, forgot to reboot his iPhone, or the iPhone isn't on the same network as the iTunes computer.

7. Soulpictures macrumors newbie

i got the same problem icon was there but it wont connect now after rebooting itunes and iphone airplay icon is gone ... both are in the same network any advice?

8. Soulpictures macrumors newbie

my first problem i could fix by myself the rights for both file went back to standart so this wasn't working but now im trying to connect to the phone but nothing happens any suggestions ?