No AirPort Card installed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Richie271, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Richie271 macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Pretty new with Macs but I know computers pretty well generally so cut me some slack and speak as basic (computer wise) as possible please :)

So here's the issues, I have the 13" MBP early-2010 and all of a sudden my laptop went to pants, the keyboard became seemingly lethargic and the keys were sloppy to respond and some even stuck. So I called Apple they were very friendly and I drove about 2 hours to have it repaired. Once it was checked in I was informed it would be 2 weeks which I must say I wasn't to happy about but they were doing it for free so I left it.

10 days later they called me to tell me it was ready and so I set off straight away to get it, pretty excited I must say, it was early and I was in dire need of it. When I was about 3/4 of the way there I got a call from my parents telling me Apple had phone my house again say it was now broken and the Logic board needed replacing. So I headed home pretty pissed that it had taken them 1 1/2 to ring the wrong contact number to tell me it wasn't infact ready.

Anyway 2 days later they rang again said it was replaced and I could come and collect it. Nothing special here other than being early enough to get and iPad 2! So I get home and turn it on and BANG no AirPort card installed. I've tried everything now and including PRAM and SNC resets and it's still not working.

Up until now I've never had an issue with Apple (iPod wise or my Dad's mac), but now I'm really annoyed. I have a thesis to write and cannot go without my computer for another 14 days due to them fixing the original issue but causing a further one.

I've posted here to see if any of you guys can help me further or to see if I have genuine grounds to complain.

Thanks,
    Richie.

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Call Apple. Anything we supply here is just speculation. My guess is the airport card wasn't plugged back in when the logic board was replaced.

3. Richie271 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it's that as on the drive home my friend was playing Minecraft on it for about 5 minutes and it found a network for him to join, he cancelled it and played for about 10 minutes then put it in it's case! :/

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Whatever the case may be, take it back to the store for diagnoses. I had issues like that before and it was due to a faulty wireless card.