No Airport Card Installed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spineoft33th, Nov 30, 2009.

1. spineoft33th macrumors newbie

I can't connect wirelessly anywhere because my macbook pro is saying there is no airport card installed, so for now i have i'm getting internet through an ethernet cable. how would i go about getting an airport card installed the cheapest way?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

All MacBook Pro notebooks come with the Airport card preinstalled, so it begs the question: How did you get this computer? (ie: Bought from Apple, Best Buy, ebay, friend, etc.)

If you bought an authorized retailer, I would contact Apple if it's still in warranty since it's possible the card has failed.

3. spineoft33th thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i bought it from a used computer place, and i recently found out that the guy that owns it/the guy who sold it to me, is no good :/

4. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I would return it if you can... All MacBook Pros ship with a wireless card.

5. spineoft33th thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i dont think i can return it. he was having a "sale" and it was about 6 months ago. i didn't think it was bad buying one from him since i had my first laptop (not mac) from him and had no problems!

isn't it possible to buy your own airport card and install it yourself though?

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

curious... does your bluetooth also not work? This happened to me before where the airport and bluethooth failed and the computer was saying it does not have any installed. it maybe lose or it is totally fired. the good news is you can get them online... i think ifixit has airport/bluetooth cards for sale. now you gotta put it in so that's the next hurdle.