iPad mini No alert for setting reminders for location using iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ant2009, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ant2009 macrumors member

Hello,

I have a iPad Mini LTE and I am trying set reminders for location. For example, I tell Siri to "Remind me to call someone when I get to work" or "Remind me to do something when I arrive home"

It sets the reminder and I confirm. But I don't get the the alert when I get to work or arrive home. I always have the 3G turned on when travelling.

I am currently living in Thailand and I know that Siri cannot search for places in Thailand. However, it should know my location as I have dropped a pin for my work and home using maps. And then added those addresses to my contacts for home and work.

However, When I tell Siri "this is my home" or "this is where I live", it said "it cannot look for places in Thailand"

Is there any way I can get Siri to know where I live and work?

Many thanks for any suggestions

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Have you set up your My Info card in contacts? That's what Siri uses to determine your info and relationships.

3. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Unfortunately you can't just drop a pin and use that location for reminders. You have to use an address that's recognised by apple maps. For example, here in the UK I can't set location based reminders for my local supermarket because maps doesn't recognise the address (despite it having been there for almost 15 years - that's another thread though....:mad:). If I try to drop a pin and assign it to the supermarket in my contacts it will look as if it's worked but when I go to the contact record it will have defaulted to the nearest address it knows which is some distance away.

I really wish it could just use coordinates. It's useless to me as things stand. It's one of the things I was really excited about using when I got my iPhone 5.