No announcement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

So are they just going to release the phone without a keynote?

What's going on Steve...?

2. tann macrumors 68000

They will have a keynote, they just haven't announced when it will be yet. I think they'll send out invitations this week, at the latest the week after.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I highly doubt it. Most likely there will be invitations to an event one week before and they'll review features of iOS 5 and announce the new iPhone. Of course, that's what they could do at a minimum.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Yeah, absolutely not. I don't think Apple has really ever had a major product release that did not have a Keynote. A lot of time we just don't really hear of the smaller conferences, for like Apple TV releases and their less-enthused products.

There will DEFINITELY be a Keynote for this.

5. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Invitations to the event will most likely go out this coming week, next week at the absolute latest.

Everyone who thought they were going out last week was dreaming. It was still to early. People need to think about this logically and as of last week there was still too much time left between then and the expected release.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

"too early" based on what? Other rumors? People who thought an announcement was coming last week were no more informed then the people who think it's coming this week...Or next week. No one has a clue. It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback now that last week has come and gone. But saying they were "dreaming" is baseless. Once the wwdc passed without mention of the next iPhone, everyone was in the same guessing boat. Sure we can all speculate (which clearly we all do daily) but, you can't discredit one rumor in favor of another. Rumors are rumors. And until we get an annoucement from :apple:, we know nothing.

With all that being said, I think this week looks much more promising then last. And if this week comes and goes, the following week is it. It just has to be. I can't do it anymore.

7. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

Apple will 99.9999999% have a Keynote for the release of their iPhone. They wouldn't let something as important as this go without the formal introduction of a new iPhone :D

8. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

There's no release date, get a grip!

9. Illumination macrumors regular

You mean Tim? ;)

I'm sure there will be an announcement soon. But in the meantime, remember, it's just a phone.

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Steve has power over Tim, as Chairman.

11. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I'm not being a Monday morning quarterback... I said the same thing last week. The rumors pretty much all say early October launch at this point, going off that, last week did not make sense at all. It was too early and would have left to much of a gap between invitations and actual launch.

All it takes is knowing Apples general timeline and listening to the rumors and what they agree on... Last week just didn't make sense. Period.

The thing is everyone wants this thing released so badly that it takes one person to say the invitations are coming out this week and everyone else jumps on board based on hope and not on a somewhat educated guess.

12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Expect the invite to be sent out in Wednesday, and if we don't see anything, then we can start worrying. :p

13. Illumination macrumors regular

14. MustangJoe macrumors member

If there is nothing announced this week, I'm going to get an Android phone. It's just a phone.

15. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

If it's just a phone, why are you waiting at all?

16. MustangJoe macrumors member

Very true haha. This is going to be my first smartphone so I definitely want something that fits my needs.

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Life as we know it on Earth will end!! :eek:

;) :D

18. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

How does the current iPhone not fit your needs?

19. MustangJoe macrumors member

It does. Again I'll wait and see if anything is announced this week or the next and if there isn't then I'll go with Android. I like to have the latest and greatest technology. Plus if your upgrading from a basic phone to a smartphone you can get a $100 credit. So if there is no announcement by the last week I would love to take advantage of that deal.

20. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If you've never had a smartphone why not just wait 1 month to see how the iPhone 5 compares.

21. MustangJoe, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

MustangJoe macrumors member

I'll probably end up getting the iPhone 5. Just hope something happens soon.

22. the_fellowship macrumors regular

I'm eagerly waiting for an announcement too. Will decide between:

1. iPhone 5 (or whatever it's going to be called)
    2. iPhone 4 - hopefully discounted
    3. Nokia N9 (don't lynch me! lol)