no antenna issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFreak89, Jun 25, 2010.

1. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

i even tried putting my hand exactly where i wasnt supposed to and was still getting full bars :O

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I ahve tried my phone in various parts of my city. The antenna issue seems to only occurs in areas where the signal is not super strong. Seems ironic though, since I bought the phone thinking it would work better in signal poor areas. Fail on me, I guess.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm having the antenna problem.. hands wrapped around the phone like I normally hold it and bars go down. Hold the phone in the palm of my hand and they go up. My previous 3G phone had full bars always.

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

See, i am struggling with this a bit. It would seem that the signal issue isn't a quality/build problem, it's a design flaw. With that in mind, I don't see how some folk can be claiming to have no problem?

For what it's worth, yes I do have one, and yes, it does exhibit the signal problem.

:confused:

5. bhattsan macrumors member

Yep the issue is there at home but not there at work. Really disappointing :(

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Same here. ???

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Because it depends on the signal strength your phone is receiving. If you have a very strong signal, this antenna business is a non-issue.

8. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

No drop for us we have four iPhone 4's i can understand people complaining who get a total drop of calls but to the people who just lose one bar? come on folks is it really that bad? seems this issue is taking away the fact the phone is stunning!

macintime

9. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

no problems here either. i really think some people are more "conducive" than others.

10. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I have no antenna issues either. But I did purposely as tightly as possible hold the area where it should drop antenna bars, and it did drop it down to 3 bars... I kept holding it for 5 minutes while I was on a call, that was the lowest it would go. When I released, it was back to 5 bars. But normally it always stays at 5 bars and I was just trying to imitate the scenario as best possible.

11. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Mine is clean as well. Look there are many factors that a lot of people are forgetting to factor. Like, moist hands do cause the device to de-tune. Or the natural characteristics of your body. I tried my best to duplicate this and i couldn't do it. If I'm not seeing it, then I have to give my phone to someone else and see if his body can duplicate it.

Thats all.....but if you can't see it then you are good to go. More than anything, I would rather believe its a construction issue. And I love how bloggers are like ... Im doing action A and post a video. And then someone is doing action B but yet....you don't truly discuss scientifically wants going on. All my engineers were like "well duh....the band is on the outside" and started laughing

12. bluesxtreme macrumors member

Same here. No issue outside but at home it's doing it.