No App Updates appearing in iTunes when there are

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by InAustralia, May 7, 2015.

1. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Hi,

Having a problem in iTunes recently.

When clicking to the Updates tab on iTunes 12.1.2, it states that 'All Apps are Up to Date' when they are not.

If I click the button to 'Check for Updates' it still states that All Apps are Up to Date however I know that there updates waiting.

If I navigate to a specific app with an Update, I can see the 'Update' button underneath the app, and I can manually update the app this way.

I have tried:
    • re-installing iTunes
    • rebooted the Mac (and my iOS devices)
    • re-set my PRAM
    • repaired permissions.

Nothing seems to have fixed the problem. Anyone else having this problem or suggestions on how to fix it?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Did you invoke "Ignore Updates" a while back and forgot you'd done that? Fish around in the menus to see that function.

3. InAustralia thread starter macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Thanks, I have gone through the menu but I can't see that option anywhere.

I can see the 'Always check for available downloads' option is that the one you mean? If not, could you point me in the right direction of where that option is?

Thanks in advance.

4. thierry69007 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Having exactly the same problem described by Inaustralia. On my idevices, auto update works fine at home by wifi.

I try to log out/log in itunes account, uncheck/check 'always checks for available downloads'.
    In a french forum there are some people which are encountered this problem.

Thanks,
    Thierry

OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)
    iTunes 12.1.2.27

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Sorry, I come here at lunch from work. No Macs here, and my memory is not that good since I haven't done that is quite awhile. You could try a search for Ignore Updates on Apple's support page.

6. InAustralia thread starter macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem (but glad to hear I am not the only person affected).

I have done lots of searches on this issue and can't find any fix. It's an annoying problem, but not the end of the world as I can still update Apps manually.

The last time this problem happened to others, it seemed to resolve itself and it was put down to an Apple Server issue. Not sure if this is the same problem this time though.

7. InAustralia thread starter macrumors 6502

InAustralia

Well it seems that the problem was with Apple Servers.

All my updates are now appearing again when I select Check for Updates.