Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Could they be getting ready for an announcement at MWSF? The local Best Buy (which I haven't been to in quite some time) had lots of iPods, but not a single Apple desktop or laptop. Strange?
Morod

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Could they be getting ready for an announcement at MWSF? The local Best Buy (which I haven't been to in quite some time) had lots of iPods, but not a single Apple desktop or laptop. Strange?
Morod

Not every store will carry them.

callmemike20

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Best Buy only sells Apple computers in select stores. This is mainly because, I believe, Apple requires people to be trained in order to sell them. Also, computers that not many people buy (apples for example) are not always in stock because they are not in a high demand so best buy doesn't get many of them.

callmemike20

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Could this be happened for they sell more of them then they had in stock due to a higher demand?

Exactly what I was saying. Since they don't usually have a huge demand, there are not many macs in stock. But there could come that one week or busy day where demand is higher than normal, thus making them run out.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
We are sold out of Macbook Pros(all models)

My store is recieving MacBook pros on January 18th

iMacs there is like 20 of them

and sold out of minis.....

My store is recieving Minis on January 18th

i work at a best buy in ontario canada

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Thanks for the info, everybody. I must be reading too many Mac Rumors about MWSF lately, and am seeing conspiracies everywhere. :cool:
I am lucky enough to live in an area with a genuine Apple Store, so maybe the local Best Buys don't compete with them.
Morod

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
We are sold out of Macbook Pros(all models)

My store is recieving MacBook pros on January 18th

iMacs there is like 20 of them

and sold out of minis.....

My store is recieving Minis on January 18th

i work at a best buy in ontario canada

I'm hoping that means new Macbook Pro's :) I've just sold my 2.2GHz so the money's burning a hole :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.