No Apple/Macworld at this time of year just stinks.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gunga Din, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

I think Apple pulling out of Macworld this time of year puts a damper on my holidays. Nothing to look forward to, no Jobs speech, no major rumors, no nothing.

Its that feeling of waiting for Macworld i'm missing. Its tough to explain, its just something I've become used to or find enjoyable.

I understand the reason why Apple is not participating anymore, but I think it decreases their overall hype. It was a bad PR and Marketing move in my opinion.

There just isn't that zing I feel during this time of year. Just can't put it into words.

2. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Apple is going to have their own media event on January 26th, so they say. At least they've still got something to announce in January.

And the Macworld Expo itself will be taking place in February. I'll check it out since it involves zero travel for me, but I don't exactly have high hopes for the event.

3. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Let's pray they release the Slate on that day!

4. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Yup, I miss it too...but the expo really turned into iPodWorld in the last couple years. The last really good one for computers was probably in the 90s. Still, I'll miss the SteveNote (even though I am getting sick of his lies/half-truths to sell products)

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Totally off subject,, but I love your quote at the bottom. That made me crack up.

6. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Haha, thanks--the fun never stops in the PRSI forum ;)

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I sure hope they do! This "Apple tablet" issue has been dragging on forever. I've been waiting to see what is Jobs going to do in this space since he pulled the plug on (my beloved) Newton. :)

8. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Boy oh boy, your life must be quite empty then!.

9. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

Zing for Apple products, not life lol.