Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No Apple Music functionality in iOS 8.4 music app

dakota747

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Utah
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi, I was getting Apple Music going for my mother on her iPhone 5S. I updated it to 8.4 and opened the new music app up, however it did not present the option to start the 3 month trial. Now she is on my family plan, and I already signed up for the trial on my phone and chose the family plan (I'm not sure if that would affect it but throwin it out there just in case). So I'm pretty much asking if anyone knows how to fix it so that she can start using Apple Music?

-attached screenshots of iOS 8.4 basic music app without Apple Music functionality-

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
View attachment 566144 View attachment 566143 Hi, I was getting Apple Music going for my mother on her iPhone 5S. I updated it to 8.4 and opened the new music app up, however it did not present the option to start the 3 month trial. Now she is on my family plan, and I already signed up for the trial on my phone and chose the family plan (I'm not sure if that would affect it but throwin it out there just in case). So I'm pretty much asking if anyone knows how to fix it so that she can start using Apple Music?

-attached screenshots of iOS 8.4 basic music app without Apple Music functionality-

Go to the Settings app and check if any restrictions are turned on.

Comment

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
In the top left of the screen tap the person's head icon. Then there should be a button that says "view apple id". Tap it and check the details.

Comment

dakota747

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Utah
In the top left of the screen tap the person's head icon. Then there should be a button that says "view apple id". Tap it and check the details.
Thanks for the responses. However I have checked there and still nothing on how to activate or turn on Apple Music. :/

Comment

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
When I set up the family plan, I had to log the wife's phone out of the music app and log her back in before it showed that she was on my family plan. Might be worth a try.

Comment

mistersandman

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Since she's on your family plan she might already be enrolled under your account. Her 3 month trial would fall under your 3 month trial. Does any music show up? Can she create playlists or play music?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.