No Apple Music functionality in iOS 8.4 music app

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dakota747, Jul 3, 2015.

1. dakota747 macrumors member

dakota747

image.jpg image.jpg Hi, I was getting Apple Music going for my mother on her iPhone 5S. I updated it to 8.4 and opened the new music app up, however it did not present the option to start the 3 month trial. Now she is on my family plan, and I already signed up for the trial on my phone and chose the family plan (I'm not sure if that would affect it but throwin it out there just in case). So I'm pretty much asking if anyone knows how to fix it so that she can start using Apple Music?

-attached screenshots of iOS 8.4 basic music app without Apple Music functionality-

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Go to the Settings app and check if any restrictions are turned on.

3. dakota747 thread starter macrumors member

dakota747

There are no restrictions and they are set to "off"

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

In the top left of the screen tap the person's head icon. Then there should be a button that says "view apple id". Tap it and check the details.

5. dakota747 thread starter macrumors member

dakota747

Thanks for the responses. However I have checked there and still nothing on how to activate or turn on Apple Music. :/

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

When I set up the family plan, I had to log the wife's phone out of the music app and log her back in before it showed that she was on my family plan. Might be worth a try.

7. mistersandman macrumors member

Since she's on your family plan she might already be enrolled under your account. Her 3 month trial would fall under your 3 month trial. Does any music show up? Can she create playlists or play music?