No Apple program works anymore

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Stephmeyer, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Stephmeyer macrumors newbie

After only my safari didn't work anymore now i've got internet again because of firefox but now all the apple programs such as iphoto, ibooth, itunes and pages etc. stopped working!

When i try to open them i get the message 'the program quit unexpectedly'
    (translated from dutch)

I think this is because i installed an older software version over a new one, but if this is the case, how do i fix it?
    I if go to the apple sign and click there on software update that program shuts down too!

Could anyone help me?

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

What I would do is start by uninstalling the apple programs that are currently on your computer. Then I would go to the apple website and begin downloading them there. I don't know if they have the software update program available for download on the website, but it's worth a shot :)

3. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

A lot of those programs are only available on the original OS X disk (if that's what you're using). Faced with your problem, I'd reinstall the OS from scratch.

4. Stephmeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

help!

So i'm sorry for bothering you again, thanks for your reaction btw but i'm not that good with computers...
    How do i uninstall all the apple programms? (because i tried for instance with photobooth by deleting it, trowing it away completely and downloading it again but that also crashed again when i tried to start it)
    and uninstalling everything does that for instance affect my itunes library?
    Sorry for all the questions but i'm hopeless...
    And i found that it's not only apple programms, also skype for instance doesn't work anymore...
    And i moved just to argentina, my family still in holland an i'm just 16 so it really bothers me that i can't see them!

Sorry for all the personal info, just a littl upset
    i would be really greatfull if you could be of any sort of help!
    Thanks!

5. Stephmeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Help!

Thanks for the reaction!
    But as i was wondering, would that affect for instance my pictures or my itunes library, and how do you get that disc? because i don;t have the original here since i moved two weeks ago for 1 year and the disc is still at home...
    If you would have anything that would help me, i would be so gratefull!

6. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

I suggest you head for the nearest apple store for help.