No Apple remote with new MBPs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joefinan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

WTF. The Apple Remote has been included in the past. Is this to appease Business Users whose IT departments take the remote away and extract the CR2032 for other uses (trust me, I've see the graveyard).

TEG

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Blasphemy. If this is really what is occurring, then it is to appease the Mac Evangelists who would faint at the sight of a cardboard box of Apple Remotes raped of their batteries.

3. machspeed5 macrumors member

Ahahahaha....if i didn't work at radioshack at one time i wouldn't understand the CR2032 reference. but since i did......:D hilarious office managers.

and yes, no remotes this time around.

dunno about you but it always made me feel better to spend $3000 on a remote and get a free macbook pro! :D

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I'm hoping they'll start selling the Apple Remote in the store as an accessory in case I *God forbid* lose mine...then it's only $20 to replace it

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They always have. $20.

TEG

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The Apple Remote seems to be going the way of the iSight; get them while they're hot!

Apple's getting rid of old stock to make room for... built-in Apple Remotes!

Wait... :D

7. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Really? I guess I didn't know that... oh well - I have yet to lose it so no worries

8. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

Obviously Apple's polling determined that a lot of people never used it. I always kinda wondered what the point of a remote for a laptop was. I mean, it's nice, but how many people actually use it often?

9. tip macrumors 6502

tip

10. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

Use mine all the time. Hook my laptop up the hdtv, and use Frontrow to watch shows/movies/etc.

I guess if you never hooked it up to the television, it does seem a little redundant with your laptop sitting directly in front of you.

11. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Only $20.00
    They could of threw it in just another way of screwing the consumer.

12. Volante macrumors regular

Maybe they'll introduce a replacement soon, using blutooth? Several new products are missing the remote now...

13. TheQuestion macrumors regular

My hope is an Apple branded universal remote. I hate just about every UR out there. I imagine Apple could make a striking one incorporating ipod/iphone/apple tv/mac functions if they wanted. Or, an application to use the itouch/iphone as a remote. I hate using my apple tv remote to type in information, Using the virtual keyboard on the iphone would be awesome.