No Apple Sticker with new AluMacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iKennett, Nov 2, 2008.

1. iKennett macrumors 6502

Any one else notice? The screen wipe instead I guess...?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

did you check the "everything apple" package?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. iKennett thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Ramius macrumors 6502

I got two stickers in mine. What are they for?
    I put one on the black folder with the manuals.

6. reubs macrumors 68000

They're just stickers. For your desk. For your car. For whatever. I haven't used mind b/c I don't want to advertise I may or may not have a laptop/iPod sitting in my car.

7. iKennett thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed, I seen an Apple sticker stuck to the back of a Mini Cooper parked up..... the car was screaming I may have something expensive inside!

8. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

i got two with mine

original wanted to put them on my mac to make it look like there were 3 apples. didnt work out considering one lights up and the other two dont >.<

just put one on my guitar
    and don't know what to do with the spare one!

9. tiartrop macrumors regular

triapple?

i never use mine, i got different sizes from different products though, kinda have a collection of them now. the ones that came with shuffle are cute.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow, you seriously over thought that didn't you?
    There are tons of cars with Apple stickers on them and I never once thought about it. Especially since you get standard sized Apple stickers with $200 iPods and $3000 desktop machines. /shrug I don't know, maybe I don't have a criminal mind.

11. reubs macrumors 68000

My car has been broken into, and my apartment was burglarized in college (laptop, all my DVDs, spare change, ZIP drive and disks, DVD player, and my favorite duffel bag that they carried it all out in). If that's over-thinking it, then I guess so. I call it not setting myself up to get punked again. Also, think of all the Apple products sold vs. the number of cars you see the stickers on. Maybe the ones with stickers are the ones who aren't thinking...

12. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

very good point there sir!

13. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I used to have one of the old rainbow apple clings in my back window. Never did put any of the new white stickers in though.

14. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

Doesn't the shuffle come with stickers, too?

That said, my dorm building was broken into and some game consoles and games were jacked. So I can understand not wanting to put stickers that *COULD* be associated with an expensive laptop on a car.

15. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

you have got to be totally taking the pi$$

16. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

I stick the stickers on my silver back iPods so that the scratch prone back is slightly protected, I also write my name on it so that I can prove it's mine. :)

17. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

That's an interesting theory about not having an apple sticker on the car to prevent theft...I was just going to put one on my car, and I'm definitely rethinking it right now...

:-/

18. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Fair enough, but as I said ... I never gave it that much thought when I saw an Apple sticker.

20. Ramius macrumors 6502

Why? Whats the point. Theres already an Apple logo on the machine. Maybe I'll put an Apple sticker on my PS3 lol.

21. polar-blair macrumors regular

At least Apple are still giving out those little extra things that are so use full, If im paying about £1000 for a laptop I would like to get my stickers (pointless as they are) and the apple remote..... oh yeah no thats an extra £15 WTF!!!

Anywhooooo, Ive got a collection of about 12 stickers (Soon to be 14 MBP on its way :D)

22. polar-blair macrumors regular

Even Better Ill but one on my xBox... Or one better than that, ill super glue on to my Mac hating friend's xBox and Laptop. That will really make him happy.

23. polar-blair macrumors regular

Thats a cool Snowboard... Is that a Burton Board? Never Seen that Graphic Before. Im off to Norway in 6 weeks!!! Whooo. (To Snowboard)

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You fools, you keep forgetting to put up the MacRumors stickers.

When another member goes out on a beer run and stops by to make an Apple Bucks withdrawl from the nearest Apple-branded vehicle/apartment ATM.

How are they supposed to know it is a MR member and move on to the next vehicle without the proper sticker. :eek:

25. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Yeah mate, it's a 2008 Burton Seven, Trevor Andrews board.

Enjoy Norway! You ever been? I'll be in Canada and Italy this year, can't wait.