No Apple Store near but need replacement iphone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daryliow, Jul 18, 2008.

1. daryliow macrumors regular

Hi,

On launch day last friday i thought i was one of the lucky ones here in the UK to get hold of a 16gb black iphone. But i was wrong (so far)

My iphone is great apart from the glitches in the software. Now a week on these glitches are making me hate my iphone and wish that id never upgraded from the old iphone.

My glitches are:

• Slow text input (loads of ppl have mentioned this)
    • Slow iphone in general, waiting 3 seconds for apps to open, it even takes 3 seconds for the settings menu to apear
    • the ipod function has no memory of what ive been listeneing to ie: listen to music at night, come the morning the iphone wont go back to my last track. Well annoying.
    • Contacts always freezing

Does anyone else have all these problems? Im not on here too moan, thats not the point of my post.

I just want to know if i have a faulty handset and what will apple do as i dont live near an Apple store?

Cheers for your thoughts.

2. RJ17 macrumors regular

Try a restore in iTunes. Some have reported that helped.

3. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Ive tried every restore/restart and nothing has made anything better. Should of mentioned that in my opening post.

Cheers

4. gtqi macrumors newbie

Guys I got two questions:

I plan to buy an Iphone 3G from a friend.He is living in VA, I am located near Boston

I have 2 questions now : ( he will give me the original receipt from the Apple Store )

1.) What happens if there is something wrong with the phone in the next year? Can I just go to any Apple store in Boston und exchange it with the original receipt, even if I didn't buy it myself und didn't sign a 2 year contract on my own?

2.) What happens if I would restore the phone....How can I reactivate the phone again? Do I need his contract information?

Thanks

5. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

Not being rude but your post was completely off topic and should have its owns thread. Plus i still dont have any answers!!!

Come on guys ;)

6. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

You're not rude. You are right. If he posts it in his own thread, he'll get answers targeted to his question.

Now back to yours. I can tell you I didn't have the problems exactly like yours but I did have some flicker/stutter on some screens. It started out first as a stuck pixel that would only happen once and a while. Then more started popping up and then I had the flickering on certain pixels. The Genius at the Apple store said it was probably something up with the video. They swapped mine out. I would definitely try to get a replacement if I were you so you wouldn't have any worries. At first when I had the stuck pixel, it was a little annoying and I would start to dread using my iPhone because I was scared it would happen again. That's not what the iPhone experience is supposed to be. You should really enjoy your new toy.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

no one likes a thread jacker. adios.

to the OP...

don't knock yourself out returning the phone. your complaints should be/likely will be addressed by a software update, which we're all looking forward to. I highly doubt that a replacement phone would fix the problems you have, especially since so many people with 1st gen iPhones who updated to 2.0 are having the exact same problems.

8. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, i dont have a stuck pixel, just a very slow operating iphone. lol.

Plus i live no where near an apple store so how can i get a replacement?

Cheers