No Apps showing in Update Screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robastewart, Jul 28, 2013.

1. robastewart macrumors newbie

The Apps icon on the home screen shows via the red dot that a number of app updates is available, but the Updates screen inside the app does not load anything, no icons, nothing. This is just seemed to occur out of nowherer- i dont know of any precipiating actions. Any ideas? I have checked all the settings I can think of.

Thank you!

2. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

I am having the same exact issue. The update screen is blank although there are 7 apps that need updating. Tried turning on/off and logging out of my apple id account.

3. soupcxan macrumors member

4. robastewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Now seven updates are indicated but still no app update icons appear in the Updates page. Interesting, updates on my iPhone, using the same Apple/iCloud account, work just fine.

5. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Phew!!! Im glad Im not the only one! I have done a restore and everything and I am stuck at 14 updates and the screen is freaking blank! Hopefully Apple is hard at work on resolving this issue :)

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

For now you can go to the purchases screen and scroll through and look for updates and install them that way. Hopefully Apple fixes this soon.

7. dmunz macrumors regular

I think I just noticed something new...

I don't remember seeing (or being able to use) the search box from the updates page. It is there now and I can search from it.

Is that new?

Could it be related to the missing updates?

FWIW
    DLM

8. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

Is it possible that somehow the App Store app is counting apps that are purchased but are "Not on this iPad"? Or maybe were installed at one time but have been deleted?

9. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

No idea yet if this means anything at all. I've had this for around a week now, App Store icon showing two apps needing to be upgraded, nothing showing in updates in the AppStore app. I connected my iPad to my laptop, let it do its connection thing, updated all apps in iTunes, and did a "sync". Now I no longer see updates being called for on the AppStore icon, but still don't see the "all apps are up to date" (or anything else) in the AppStore app.

10. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

Nope, another invisible update has popped up. :(

11. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

Mine are suddenly working again! Hope yours are too!

12. robastewart thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, mine suddenly is working again as of first sign-on this morning. Probably some sort of server issue at Apple.

13. PDXPean macrumors member

14. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

Mine also seems to be working again, just in time for a new Simpsons Tapped Out update too! :)

15. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC