Carrier No AT&T cracked screen coverage for 7 and 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eagleglen, Oct 14, 2016.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

If you have AT&T's mobile insurance, it has now been modified to include separate coverage for cracked screen repairs for $89, rather than the deductible normally charged for an out of warranty repair. This added benefit would be good news if the eligible devices were more inclusive, because unfortunately, the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are not included. The 6/6s, 6/6s Plus, and SE will be eligible for the new coverage. This is personally disappointing since my device is a 7 Plus.

On a side note, the AT&T deductible does reduce 25% after 6 months with no clams and 50% after 12 months. Therefore the 7 Plus with 128GB deductible which starts at $225 goes down to $112.50 for your first claim if you have been paying for the insurance for over a year. I've chosen the insurance over AppleCare specifically for the loss and theft protection, but have always known screen damage was not worth claiming. Apple charges $149 to repair a 7 Plus screen without AppleCare.

I hope this is helpful information. Here is the link describing which devices and service areas the cracked screen repair is being offered.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I will take AppleCare over ATT any day.

3. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

^this.

4. Jtradar macrumors member

Jtradar

Carrier insurances is waste of money. Get Apple care .

5. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

No thanks. I don't want some hack replacing iPhone screens. Third party replacements do not have working Touch ID. I'll let Apple do the replacements.