iPad mini No AT&T LTE on Verizon Retina mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MJedi, Nov 16, 2013.

1. MJedi, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Hello all,

I just got my Verizon Retina mini, and inserted my AT&T nano SIM into it. It gets 4G, but not LTE. I've reset the network settings, reprovision account and reset authentication key in subscriber services.

The only thing I can think of is that I need to change the IMEI in my account through att.com/ipadlanding. Is that correct?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I'd give AT&T a call. Maybe you need to provision your account if you are coming from a decide that didn't support LTE. The new models are identical except for the SIM card. Sprint won't activate a non-Sprint model but the other three should be interchangeable.

3. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

It's on att's end. The account has to be provisioned for LTE.

4. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

So I tried changing the IMEI in on the iPad Landing website, but it kept giving me an error.

On a hunch, I accessed my account through the iPad itself (Settings, Cellular Data, View Account.) It asked to update my account settings, and presented me with data plans, including my existing Unlimited Data. But now, "LTE" was appended to it. After a few minutes, I got LTE on my iPad mini Retina.

I'm relieved I was able to provision my account for LTE in this way. I wasn't looking forward to calling AT&T. They might have messed up my account and removed my unlimited data plan. And I'm glad Apple made this easy by adding the feature to access whatever carrier's account on the newest iPads.