No ATI drivers for BC 1.4?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jonnysods, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Hey all, I'm wondering if any of you have come across this problem - I installed BC 1.4 on my machine yesterday and the ATI drivers have not installed so I can't calibrate the resolution. Any ideas?

2. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Download the latest ATI drivers from their website instead.

3. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 601

jonnysods

The drivers work fine, but I can't get that ATI control center to work so I can extend my desktop. I downloaded them from the AMD website but each time the computer loads that MOM.exe file crashes the startup and it doesn't work.

Where could I download the old catalyst control center that came with BC 1.2?

4. Blahman202000 macrumors newbie

you need to install Microsoft .Net framework in order for the ATI Catalyst Control Center to work. I had the same problem that you did on boot, and using windows update to install .Net 3.0 solved my problem.

5. jonnysods thread starter macrumors 601

jonnysods

You are totally on the ball there, thanks - I read that in another forum and it solved all my problems. It also got my wireless working again (of course it worked is OS X fine).

Thanks!

PS - longing for the release of Leopard and Office 2008 - the only reason I'm still using Windoze....

6. Geek 2.0 macrumors member

mine still didn't work...
    I tried everything
    and i have the .net framework
    but it still doesn't work

7. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

Which version of the .NET Framework? I thought that having the latest one would include support for the features of the older ones, but apparently not. Evidently it's safer to install all of them (1.1, 2.0, and 3.0, I think) unless you can find out which version your other program needs.

8. Geek 2.0 macrumors member

I checked it and it said 3.5
    but I'm not totally sure
    I installed 93 updates (took FOREVER... dang windows)
    still didn't work
    reinstalled drivers
    nothing

9. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

It may be listed under the 'optional' software updates for XP. ISTR that .NET Framework 1.1 was.

10. Geek 2.0 macrumors member

Ok I did the optional install, found the two .NET updates, installed them, REINSTALLED the ATI drivers, and it STILL doesn't work...

here is a screenshot of the error message (it's different than the one I had before, but it changed before I updated the .NET framework)

Attached Files:

11. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

So you have all three .NET versions then? That definitely looks like it can't find some piece of .NET 'managed code'.

12. Geek 2.0 macrumors member

wait, how many .NET versions are there and how do I check which version I have??