No audible iMessage alert

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by zumpy, Sep 20, 2014.

1. zumpy macrumors member

I am unable to get any audible alert when receiving an incoming iMessage. I have played with nearly every setting I can think of. I am fairly certain is is something I am missing, as my iPad is the same! Any suggestions?

2. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

Just in case anyone is having a similar issue, it turns out that there was an alternative message app installed, and in there, alerts was turned off. This somehow was over riding my iMessage setting! I uninstalled it, and voila. BUT, that app was not installed on my iPad, yet once it was uninstalled from my iPhone, the iPad started sounding my alerts again as well.
    Go figure!

3. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

Turns out that was only a temp fix. It is back to no audio alert again, without installing anything! Just another bug I guess. I thought they tested this stuff before release. They must not be getting enough feed back from beta testers to actually detect issues prior to sending it out into the world. How could so many issues go un-noticed by so many testers? Just seems so "windows like"

4. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

It may have been due to having a double contact. Turns out only my wife's text tone was not working, my daughter's worked fine. Upon deleting my wife's work contact, her cell text tone began working. Which is strange because it has been on there for years. Go figure!
    Hope it helps someone else.