no audio available with digital av adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CBProd, Aug 23, 2011.

1. CBProd macrumors newbie

im using an iphone 4 and a digital av adapter connected to a sharp lcd through hdmi. and in netflix and airvideo at the bottom it says no audio available. also videos/mp3s do not play on the iphone. i tried using display out from cydia, having it disabled and enabled getting the same issue. can anyone help me out?

2. CBProd thread starter macrumors newbie

3. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I don't know how the digital AV adapters work, but if they plug into the dock port, it is probably putting the audio through those cables.

Can you give me a link to the adapter?

A temporary fix may be plugging some headphones into the iPhone, just to see if that works.

4. CBProd thread starter macrumors newbie

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MC953ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MjM2MDgwMTE

it just plugs into the iphone directly and hdmi to the tv. i had the vga one also and had to use the headphone jack also, but i thought this would be better just using one cable to the tv instead of two

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

6. CBProd thread starter macrumors newbie

um no. im using it so i can watch movies or something from airvideo at a friends house over 3g or remote wifi.

7. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

The Apple Digital AV Adapter sends audio through the dock connector. So it should be coming through your TV, assuming it supports it. Most TVs do though, I would look for some settings on the TV.

If you don't want it coming through the TV you could probably plug in some external speakers into the 3.5mm jack on the iPad. There might be a setting for it on the iPad, but I don't know.