no audio from mac the ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pmtm2, Apr 8, 2011.

1. pmtm2 macrumors member

I have been using mac the ripper for about a year now never had any problems until this week. When i rip a dvd it only extracts the video files there is no audio an the dvd what so ever. Any thoughts about this would help. I convert all files to avi. mpeg4. or mov. if that matters.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. pmtm2 thread starter macrumors member

i am using mac the ripper then moving the files into toast to burn. i am thinking the problems in mac the ripper somewhere it is not picking up any audio. i have had 2 movies do this now

4. simsaladimbamba

Open VLC Player and drag the ripped VIDEO_TS folder onto the VLC icon in the Dock and play the DVD then. Is there audio?
    And btw, what exact DVDs do you have problems with?

Btw 2, the audio is included in the .vob files, which also have the video inside, thus I presume, that the audio is there, unless some advanced copy protection scheme is involved.

Btw 3, why do you use Toast again? Do you burn data DVDs with .avi/.mp4/.mov files? What settings do you use in Toast?
    Why don't you use Handbrake to make .mp4 files?
    You obviously use some MPEG-4 codec, thus you could use the more proficient Handbrake, though it does not include the .avi and .mov format/container.

5. pmtm2 thread starter macrumors member

still no audio i am gonna try a few things that you linked on the post see if i can get her going again and machete and case 39 machete has audio for about 10 mins then drops out