No Audio in MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alansmallen, Jan 31, 2009.

1. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. Last night I tried installing an Mbox to my Macbook Pro using an older version of Pro Tools. Today, I can't get any audio out of my built in speakers and my headphone jack has red light shining out of it.

I tried switching my outputs, but the computer doesn't recognized the speakers anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. crazyrog17 macrumors regular

There was already a thread on this that was posted recently.

The headphone jack doesn't realize there's nothing plugged into it and rather it thinks an optical cable is plugged in. It'll be outputting optical signals instead of using headphones or internal speakers.

Some posters were able to fix it by using a plastic tipped bobby pin and wiggling it around the inside of the jack.

I'd suggest plugging in headphones, pulling them out and repeating until you don't see the light. Seems a little safer to me.

3. alansmallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Worked. Thanks a lot!

4. billmister macrumors 6502

This also happened to me and I freaked out. I put in the headphones and moved it. 3 times and it worked. Hope it doesn't happen again. I'm my warranty is not over until May but I'm going to buy applecare ASAP from ebay just because I'm scared something might happen and only paying big bucks will fix it.