No audio in on MPB 13" 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by il pad, Feb 1, 2013.

1. il pad macrumors newbie

Had my MBP 13" since Oct last year and only just realised that you cannot reverse headphone jack from output to input. Totally shocked. What can I do? Please help! Partly bought this to record DJ sets :(

2. simsaladimbamba

Then you have to get an external audio interface for the USB or Firewire port to get analog audio signals into the Mac.

3. il pad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate. Do you know of any that are good?

4. simsaladimbamba

No, as I do not use such a device, and I currently can not remember the one, that gets recommended often. I looked at Apogee products prior to replying to you, but they may be to expensive for your needs.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:
    [​IMG]

5. il pad thread starter macrumors newbie

Any other solutions people know of? Can't believe there's no audio in on a $1000 computer.

6. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I dunno what one would use for DJ sets. Search on amazon for "MIDI interface" and that should get ya started.

I personally have the Apogee Gio for guitar and works great, I just connect one USB cable to the computer, one audio cable for speakers, and of course plug the guitar in and viola! MIDI devices / interfaces are actually quite nifty.

7. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

there is audio in, but mono, the jack is mono-in+stereo-out like the iphone. It also has toslink I believe.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

You should've done some research prior to purchasing, it's plainly written on the Apple website...

As far interfaces go, I've had good experience with Focusrite products. Where are you located, they are pretty cheap in the states on B&H photovideo's website.

9. shtoat macrumors member

A small bit harsh. They don't exactly emblazon this fact across the 13inch macbook page on the Apple website. Technically you're correct. But give the guy a break, "no audio in on a 1000 dollar computer", he's not being totally unreasonable with this point.:)

10. NazgulRR macrumors 6502

Those used to be combined audio in/out jacks with a toggle switch in system preferences to choose how you want it to work. At least that is how my 2010 MBP13" is. Are you saying this is not how it is anymore?