No audio/no input on Early 2009 mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by smithrh, May 19, 2014.

1. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I'd like to give this puppy away to a good home, but there's no audio out or audio in, which lowers the utility by quite a bit.

That is, on the Output tab of the Sound control panel, only my Apple TVs are listed. There's no "internal speakers" choice.

Same goes for Input - "No input devices found."

This has been going on for a while, it's a server so I've never cared about it.

PRAM was zapped, and the mini has been scratch installed a couple of times.

Any ideas?

2. fa8362 macrumors 65816

I doubt you have a problem. Have you connected speakers, headphones or a microphone at the rear jacks to test? Also, have you checked the audio setup utility?

3. smithrh thread starter macrumors 68020

smithrh

Yep yep yep and yep.

4. fa8362 macrumors 65816

No disrespect intended, but the audio setup utility is not the audio control panel. It is in your utilities folder and it is where you control the built-in input and built-in output. Forgive me if you already know this.

5. smithrh thread starter macrumors 68020

smithrh

I did already know that.

FYI - been an Mac user since 1986. You may allow that may color your future answers.

No disrespect intended, but I sense that you felt you had an answer to a simple problem - or "I doubt you have a problem" as you originally posted.

If that were the case, I would have fixed it myself a long time ago. I suspect the answer is non-trivial.