No audio output detected!

BigMacOS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Hi,
I'm experiencing a weird problem since 3 days.
There is no audio at all in my mac pro. In the system preferences it says no audio output detected.
I searched the web so i :
- Reset the VRAM (commande option p r )
- I repaired permissions.
- I installed the lastest updates for my mac.
- I made sur it's not an earphone problem (the red light of death), because there is no sound at all with or without the earphones.

Now i know also that it's not a hardwar probem, because when i start my mac with the cmd+option+p+r it makes the starting sound!!!!

Please help me, i bought this 2009's mac 3 days ago and i can't even listen to music :(
Thank you

PS : i have Mac OSX Lion

Last edited:

BigMacOS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Nov 28, 2010
located
This is a clean install of Lion, i had leopard on it before and audio didn't work in leopard neither.
Is it possible that it could be a hardwar problem even if i have the starting sound when a start my mac?
According to System Profiler it seems to be a hardware problem. Maybe investigate that further, since the audio identifier is set to 0.

BigMacOS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Ok thank you for all your replies.
So for people who have the same problem as me and don't find a solution (and don't want to pay to repaire :p ) i solved my problem by installing AirPhones application on my iphone and Mac, so that the sound is streamed via wifi to my iphone.
This way i don't have a completly mute mac. But it can be only temporary, because it works only when your connected to wifi and you know the sound in the iphone is poor.