No audio through 5S lightening connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Michael73, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I need help sorting out why there's no audio through the lightening connector...here's the situation:

I have a Chestnut Audio George which I use at my bedside as a clock radio. George has a 30pin adaptor so you can play music through iPods and iPhones as well as charge them. Every time I would dock my iPhone 4S I could see all my artists, songs and albums. On Thursday I got a new iPhone 5S and bought the short lightening to 30 pin adaptor dongle. My new 5S will still charge through the dongle but I can't get George to see any of the music on the 5S.

Any ideas what's up and if there is a solution?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, I don't think the lightning connector does audio.
    You might have to plug in to the headphone port.

3. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

i plug my 5S into my usb port in my car and it works just fine. Might be the fact the 5S doesn't like non-lightning accessories or something who knows.

4. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I figured it out. The Chestnut Hill George looks to be one of the few accessories that made use of iPod Out mode which meant that George could display and navigate the same music that appeared on the iPod or iPhone screen itself. Apparently, this is one of the very few things that the lightning connector won't support.

I could always use the AUX jack but the phone won't be controllable nor can I see the artists, titles, songs, playlists, etc. so essentially now I have an expensive alarm clock and a really nice speaker.

Ugh!

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You didn't say what you did with your 4S and I know that you know you can still use it for that...if you still have it.

Bluetooth receivers don't work as well but you can check them out: http://goo.gl/IORC32