No Audio with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wesles24, Apr 27, 2015.

1. wesles24 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I need help playing audio through my regular iPhone 5. I cannot get audio to play through my Alpine system with a lightning to USB cord. My 5s worked fine, but my 5 will just charge and not play audio. Please help, I have called Apple and they told me to ask Best Buy if they had some type of cable and they said there was no such cable. I have bought "3.5mm to USB" cables and they do not work. Is there anything I can do?

2. wesles24 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. chabig, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

chabig macrumors 68040

Connect the phone's headphone port to the Alpine system's aux in with a 3.5mm audio cable.

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Have you checked with Alpine? Apple is only half the equation here. Alpine built Alpine's equipment, so they know what will be compatible/incompatible (it's up to Alpine to make itself compatible with Apple, it's not Apple's job to ensure compatibility with every manufacturer's products).

Most likely 3.5mm to USB won't work - does the Alpine also have a 3.5mm input? 3.5mm to 3.5mm may be the proper solution.

5. ProtectoBrand macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

Maybe that really won't work with your iphone. Maybe it's not just compatible.

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Lightning to USB will only charge the phone. You need a 3.5 to 3.5 aux cable for it.