No automatic screen turn on when connecting headphones?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Watermann, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Watermann macrumors member

Until now, with ipad off, pluging in the headphones was like to push the on/off button, and pluging off made the screen turn off... not any more?

For me that was a quality feature of ios, and not be present anymore may be enough reason, for me, to stay on ios9, I didn't like the new way of unlocking and now this...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either. At the same time, while I kind of got used to it, it doesn't really seem like anything that even comes close to a deal-breaker for me.

3. Watermann thread starter macrumors member

Mabe not really a deal breaker, but, what's new in ios10 for me to loose two things I liked on ios9?

Why the hell do they do these kind of things?

4. Natya Sadella macrumors regular

I miss it badly..

The 'Select all mails' in the mail app is my second thing I really miss.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or the ability to group/sort notifications.

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I see you all hate them taking this away. I will try my BT headphones but I suspect there was some security issue for them to remove it. Sad I liked it.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's possible there might have been some actual "issue" behind it, but more than likely it was just a design decision of some sort, even if for no real reason other than just change, if not even a bug of some sort.

8. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Thank you Apple. I don't think there's anything about iOS that I hated more than headphone-to-wake.

9. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I can confirm connecting via BT will not pop up the lock screen. So its gone. Apple just never asks about what is good or not.