No Autosave or Version?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Hobbit6003, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hobbit6003 macrumors member

I don't seem to have the above function activated.

When I create and edit document, there's nothing on the title bar that suggests I can go to versions, or does it look anything like the one that showed at WWDC.

I still need to save the documents when I quit. When I reopen, there's only the most recent saved version of the document.

Am I missing something here?

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

What program are you using. I don't think iWork has been updated to include versions yet. The only app I have found that has it enabled is TextEdit.

3. timotay89 macrumors regular

You've got to go to the app store and update iWork. I did that and then I had versions and everything else. Before I updated to lion there were no available updates, it had to be afterwards.

4. rickhorn macrumors member

rickhorn

all the apple apps have that features, so far I've tested iWork (upgraded today), Preview, Text Editor. They all work well with autosave and version. MS Office 2011 doesn't support this yet.

5. seong macrumors 65816

seong

There was an update for this soon after the release of Lion. Check by opening your Software Update app. There should be iWork update 6, as well as iTunes 10.4.

6. Hobbit6003 thread starter macrumors member

Oh I see!

I've been using Pages and Microsoft Words.

I've just seen the update for Pages on Mac App Store, hopefully MS Office catches on soon too.

Thanks!