No bank charge from apple yet

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ant1261, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Ant1261, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

Ant1261 macrumors member

This is weird I got 2 watches with the 4/24 - 5/8 dates so I check my bank and it's no charge from apple..... Not even the $1 they often will do. Couldn't have done pre verification cause then I'd see a hold on those funds for few days then it'll fall off then apple will re charge when shipped. Hmmmmm just strange.
    Screw it as long as I got my confirmation and $$$$ is there so....

2. .Paul. macrumors newbie

Normally get charged right before items get shipped out.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't think that's what the OP is talking about. Normally when you make an order online the retailer will check to see you have sufficient funds and put a temporary hold on them in order to process your order. The amount tends to vary though.

4. Xeyad macrumors 6502

True. They usually charge $1 to check the credit card and then charge the full the full price when it starts shipping. They haven't charged me anything yet either.

5. dilap macrumors 6502a

According to Apple Support, it may not show until later. They said the pre Auth must have gone through if the order was placed.

6. Jackmalyono macrumors newbie

Maybe this is their new strategy ;) haha

7. jryu90 macrumors member

jryu90

I pre-ordered the Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle last night. Received my confirmation email at 3:12am EST (Delivers: 4/24-5/8). Made a second pre-order for the 42mm Black Sport Band. Received my confirmation email at 3:30am EST (Delivers: 4/29-5/12).

Both orders show up as "Processing Items" when I go on to the site to check their order statuses, however, neither order has been charged to my PNC debit card. I checked my bank account online, and I have no charge nor hold from Apple. Interestingly enough, Passbook does show my recent transaction for the 42mm Black Sport Band.

I called Apple Customer Support just to make sure (also had to change a detail in my billing address) and the service agent reassured me that the charge will will be made the day it ships out, so a few days before delivery.

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

depends very much on what card you use too..I use my Am-Ex and it got charged right away for the full amount...Am-Ex cards always do, same for kick starter stuff etc.

9. Quahog macrumors member

I was thinking the same thing!

At 3:02AM EDT this morning I placed the order using Apple Pay. I got the notification at that instant... at 10AM EDT I ordered a Milanese strap. Again, I got the Apple Pay notification of a payment charged.

Citibank is not showing any sort of authorization at all, and the amount I spend on the two transactions ($800ish) is not deducted from the available credit.

10. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I used apple pay and have TD Bank, I have a purchase authorization for .00 on my account.

11. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

Using Randolph Brooks FCU, no charge on mine either

12. nippyjun macrumors 65816

13. Sophrosyne macrumors member

I skipped on ApplePay and used my AmEx instead. Apple already charged $49 for AppleCare and placed a separate $1 pre-auth charge for the watch.

14. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Same here. I wonder if it's due to using Apple Pay and ordering via the Apple Store app instead of using a debit card directly online.

15. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Same here: $0 authorization

16. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Every bank works a little differently and there are a number of different ways the pre-auth can be done. Charging $1 to check cards is the old fashioned way. There is a new way to do a $0 check and many banks simply don't show you this data at all (because it's $0 and has no impact on your balance.)

Then other banks/cards require a full auth. If your order is in processing items, the order is good and the real charge will come when it changes to the next status. Assuming all your payment account info is in order, don't sweat it.

17. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

ApplePay linked to Amex in App.

Pinged my card immediately when I hit buy. Got the passbook notification.

18. jmrdmd macrumors newbie

They hit my Amex for the apple care right away. I suspect the charge will fall off after a couple of days then they will charge the full amount at shipping.

19. Flight2345 macrumors newbie

Flight2345

20. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I used Apple Pay via Chase. Looks like they already charged me for Apple Care+ since the took out $52.43.

Another oddity I have is passbook says the Apple Pay total is $480.48 which is what the e-mail states. However if I go under order details in the Apple Store app it says the total is $479.36

21. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

Same here. I see the full amount in pending charges

22. bwiissofly macrumors 6502

Like others. I see it on my AMEX account, app and in passbook.

23. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I used my Barclaycard with Apple Pay for one watch and it shows on Passbook and there's a hold on the funds. I used my Chase Slate with Apple Pay for another watch and it doesn't show anything in my account or Passbook.

24. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

My Amex Card got charged for $1 on each of my preorders. They do not all get charged the full amount until the order actually ships.

25. Juansito macrumors regular

Juansito

Citibank here ordered 2 watches 399$ sport and $599 SS and not a single dollar has been taken by Apple.