No bars after JB! Please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vinay427, Apr 28, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey guys,

I recently jailbroke my 8GB iPhone 3G (2.21). I used PwnageTool on 10.5.6 and restored. Everything went fine and there were no errors or anything. However, I have no service now. The last bar on the left shows like half a bar but there is no service. I have At&t and didn't hacktivate or anything. I've jailbroke my iPhone twice, and both times the exact same thing happened. I have jailbreaking experience, having done it several times on my 1st Gen iPod Touch. Please help! In this modern world it's tough to survive with no communication. Thanks a lot in advance!

What I did to try to fix the issue:
    1. Restore again.
    2. Sync again (from my non JB profile).
    3. Restart the phone.
    4. Reset the network settings.
    5. Reinsert the SIM card.

Thanks again! Remember, I already know that this issue was caused by jailbreaking because I haven't had a single At&t related issue while non JB.

2. p17blo macrumors newbie

How long did you leave it once JB'd? I am in the UK on O2 with a contract but with iPhone 3g. After I JB'd my phone I had no service for around 5 minues. Don't know why but i did and also when my signal drops out I sometimes have to reboot the phone to get service back.

As I understand if you have a contract there is no need to 'activate' the phone in any manner.

Paul

3. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

So far about 10 minutes. About 5 minutes ago it said No Service at the top but when I turned Airplane Mode on and off again, it went back to a half bar.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I did the same thing.
    You'll have to restore and redo the whole thing again.
    Once you restore your phone thru itunes you gotta wait till it starts back up and activates by having your sim card in it.
    Then once it says on the screen "phone is activated" then close itunes and run the pwnage tool to jailbreak.
    You rushed from restore to jailbreaking.

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Pwnage Tool, Expert Mode. Uncheck the "Activate" box, recreate the custom .ipsw and reload to your phone. Hopefully that should do it. :)