No bars but have carrier signal + 3G working.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Omipower, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Omipower macrumors newbie

After hours of searching for a solution to this problem that I am experiencing, I still have no solution. Tried to reset network settings, all settings, hard reset, factory reset my phone and still no luck.

I recently put a 3G sim (chopped it at a shop) into my iPhone(4 unlocked) and I am experiencing this very annoying issue. I have no bars and my carrier is displayed and everything, However I just cannot make a call or text!

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I have ios 5.0.1 and activated phone using iTunes, tried to downgrade but have me an error..

Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

settings/general/about:
    What is your modem firmware listed?
    Is it JB and on official carrier or unofficial? How is it unlocked with ultrasnow or factory unlocked?

3. Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, maybe try a restore with itunes and setup as new.
    Usually happens when the baseband is not upgraded and the firmware is.

5. Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that, no luck

First time, restored then back up. Second time was setup as new and didn't do anything...this is really irritating

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Also try another microsim if you have available to make sure its not the sim that's causing this issue.

7. Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do, dad has same phone so will try his sim. I tried it with his first and I was able to call so I don't know if it's just my sim. You think my carrier has to be told that I am using my sim with an iPhone 4 in order to be working properly?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt it, since the iphone is factory unlocked it should work with any sim and since it works and just has the signal bar issue is what baffles me too.
    But it wouldnt hurt to call them and give them the imei number just to see if that changes anything.

9. Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried my dads sim and doesn't work anymore, must've reset the unlock :(, can't call the orange people now since theyve been closed for about 5 hours or so. (time zone)

10. Apple Crumble macrumors newbie

Im having the same problem

Hi, i have exactly the same problem, my iphone 4 came to me locked on to the t-mobile/Orange network, so i had an official unlock done on it on the 28/11/11, everything has worked fine up until today 16/12/11, all of a sudden it has lost signal on the O2 network, but still has 3g internet out and about and wifi works fine. i have tryed an Orange sim card, and it works fine with signal etc, have also tryed another O2 sim that works in my wife iphone, but will not in mine. i have also restored the iphone, no luck, and i been in to the O2 shop and they have never seen this problem.

when i restored it, iTunes said "congratulations, your iphone is unlocked"

thanks in advance for any help.

11. Omipower, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey just to update you guys..

I still havent fixed this problem, i received the orange sim card today and talked to the representative to activate the sim card. The person said that it would take 2-3 hours and its been well past that.. Hope that it actually works other wise im screwed. Ive jailbroken to untethered 5.0.1, gonna wait till tomorrow to see if the situation has changed otherwise ima go to the orange shop :/

12. Omipower thread starter macrumors newbie

okay,

i put in another sim card and it shows the same situation..
    this seems to be a hardware/software problem?

13. dinoulis macrumors newbie

how did you guys solve that problem?

how did you guys solve that problem? .. i am having the same thing i and i am all over the place