No Baseband 3.10.01 Unlock-Useless iPhone4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by merics, Apr 6, 2011.

1. merics macrumors member

Well, with all the latest jailbreak an unlock buzz, congrats to Dev-team. However, after much reading, looks as though the tea-leaves are pointing to 3.10.01 owners will not benefit from latest ultrasnow release, no unlock...argh.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You should consider factory unlock. They do cost more, but you'll have to decide if it's worth it.

3. merics thread starter macrumors member

Yepr, Actually thinking of trying one of those services that claim to provide factory unlock.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Cat was talking about buying an Iphone from Apple which has factory unlocked.

Yours refer to company that provides unlock which is scam. The are using the same tool as we are using from hacker. Currently, there is no unlock for your baseband and if they said they can, they are scam.

5. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i would highly recommend, if possible, to sell your locked iphone and get a factory unlocked iphone. it's SO much more worth it...

i would be sweating bullets every time i tried to upgrade to a new firmware with a locked iphone, no matter what safety nets there are.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

I'm in the US. Short of driving over the border into Canada, what are my options for getting a factory unlocked iPhone 5? Id rather not get raped on eBay either.

7. drummr macrumors regular

The newest ultrasnow is not a new unlock, it's a fix for some problems that 4.3.1 made with older basebands on newer firmware. So obviously 03.10.01 isn't getting an unlock from it. That doesn't mean an unlock isn't being worked on.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats a scam, don't waste your money.

9. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i dont know your exact location, but i live in berlin germany, and they do not sell unlocked iphones here (they didnt as of august 2010 when i bought it) and i ended up finding a grey-market phone dealer who sold it to me for about the same price as if i were to get a locked iphone with contract from T-Mobile (the then-exclusive carrier here).

ideally, you should make the trip to canada if you can, or try your hardest to find a grey-market dealer who seems responsible. the dealer i had was working for one of those multi-carrier shops that deals with many different companies.

(side note: my first iphone from him had a defective camera, and i was lucky he was a nice guy because i had the risk of him simply telling me to go to apple... he ended up replacing it with a new immediately)

10. merics thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I did understand Cat; however, I was speaking to those companies that claim to provide "factory unlock" via NIK. If this is unsuccessful, will resort to selling and buying unlocked "5" in June. I'm stationed overseas, the only reason I'm seeking the unlock, otherwise, I'd be content as is.

Weeks back I posted a thread that spoke to whether Apple was employing a new strategy to defeat hacking by releasing more frequent small update. Now with talk of .2 in couple of weeks, makes you say hmmmm?

11. Zermelo macrumors regular

Well, I can only tell you from experience, you can use the Gevey Turbo Sim and unlock your phone.

I'm using and have no complaints, but it's up to you if you think it's worth the money.

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Gevey sim's cost is dropping like a brick now. When it came out in early March, it was cost $75/pop. Now, you can buy it on Ebay for $35 (including shipping), this is buy it now price and it ships within the US.

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

NIK? When I tried a google search, I didn't see anything in my quick look at the results.
    How far are you from Hong Kong? Thanks to a link from applejuiced, I found out it's the cheapest country to get an unlocked phone from; Canada and Switzerland are also good deals.
    As for your idea that apple's trying to defeat hacking with their updates: yes and no. For newbies who can't be bothered to do some research, the updates are an impediment. For people who have saved their blobs, it is so easy to keep the bb. Just a few days ago I updated to 4.2.1. Because I have my blobs, TU and pwnage, it was a painless experience. The only hitch was user error; all I had to do was reinstall the jb and it was fine.

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

As per my post on the other thread, I am currently traveling in China and today, I just stopped by Sunsky office and we did try their smart sim which identical to Gevey and it works great in my Iphone 4 with 04.10 baseband. I end up buying 5pcs. The cost per piece is only $19.00. :)

15. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I live in HK and i can't even buy iphone 4 from Apple store. The one way is to get it with carrier + 2 years contract or from those shop that sells it way overprice.

16. 2ms macrumors 6502

I'm an American moved to Italy and I have been over here with ATT iPhone for 3 months just waiting for an unlock for 3.10.01. I'm going insane! 16GB iPhones are $950 here!

I cannot afford this and am actually considering now doing something I never imagine was possible: getting an Android or Nokia N8. I hate all the Android phones and the Nokia N8 is too chunky. Once you have owned an iPhone 4 these things all feel like total pieces of junk in comparison. But I need maps badly and can't hold out any longer. I hate this!

Anyone have any opinions on what they would do in my position, by chance?

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Get a turbo sim to unlock it.

18. iLoyal macrumors regular

Sell your locked iphone4, use the money that you're planning to get a n8 plus the money from selling the phone to get a factory unlocked one.

19. 2ms macrumors 6502

I thought there were really bad tradeoffs to those and that they are unethical but now I see a trusted macrumor member suggesting it to me I am reading more thoroughly about them and starting the think I should get one after all.

Do you know if there are any known legitimate online sellers in the EU I could order one from? In Italy it is a nightmare to order things from the US especially but pretty much anywhere outside of the EU in general.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There should be plenty available on eBay for decent price.

21. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

As I stated in my post earlier, Sunsky sim is good and affordable. The girl I met was super nice and friendly. They usually ship the product out the day you order. Here is the link for this item if you want to check out;

http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/207717.htm

PS. I am not associated to Sunsky at all and do not advertise for them. Some how i got a good deal from the and just want to let people here know.

22. musicmax macrumors member

Well part of that price is the plummeting worth of the US dollar. Thanks, Bernanke.