No batteries available (Fully charged)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abezzilla99, May 9, 2012.

1. abezzilla99 macrumors newbie

Hi, i have a mid2009 macbook pro 13 inch. last night i had a movie playing on it while on the charger, i fell asleep and when i woke up i closed the lid and took it off the charger. I left it alone for about 2-3 hours and when i came back to it it would not power on so i put it back on the charger for a couple mins and then it turned back on but it had an x through the battery and says no batteries available. I started using it for a few minutes and it changed to charged 100%. I thought it had corrected itself but when I went back to it later on the problem came back. I have already tried resetting pram and smc and also took out the battery and put it back in and right now I am reinstalling the os. Also the battery leds dont come on at all. I am not under warranty so what do you suggest I do. Thanks!:D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it will not help. Only resetting the SMC addresses such issues.

Have you tried another MagSafe adapter? See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link.

If you verify that your battery is properly seated and your MagSafe adapter is securely connected and working properly, the remaining possibilities are a bad battery or a problem with the logic board. Take it to Apple and they can tell you what the problem is at no cost.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. abezzilla99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i took the battery out and put it in the freezer for about 20-30 mins then put it back in after like another 30 mins. idk if it was the freezer or the time out of the computer but its working like nothing ever happend. I put it back in while the computer was on too. :apple::D:apple::D:p:apple::apple::p:cool:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't do that. It won't help anything and could create problems.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Might be time for a new battery (they don't last forever) or a trip to Apple service.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sounds like either bad battery or bad logic board. In fact, I'd put money on it being a bad logic board, and often I've seen that as a result of a spill, although other things can cause it too.

jW