No "Blue Dot" Tracking in Maps (stays still)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iFanaddic, Jul 30, 2010.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I started having this issue on my 3gs when I would try to get directions from my current location to somewhere else my iPhone could find it, but then when I started moving the blue dot just wouldn't move.

At first I thought maybe it was an option like data roaming that I had accidently turned on so it wouldn't track me to save my data plan or something, but no.. Then I came to the conclusion that my 3gs might just be broken or something.. Well today I got my iPhone 4, restored from back up, and I still have the issue so its either software or a problem with the satellites in my area right?

I would personally think it's an option in my cell that I either turn on or off because before 2 weeks ago the maps tracking worked VERY well.

Can anyone help me, I would like a solution that doesn't involve "not restoring from backup"

2. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Since no one replied my thread I went ahead and restored my iPhone and then set it up as a new iPhone instead of restoring from backup, i went around the block to try out maps and it works flawlessly.. But this is still not the ideal solution for me.. I wanna know wanna what caused maps on my other backup to stop working properly.

BTW this is an unjailbroken phone

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The tower location info was wrong in the original backup, so it couldn’t find the satellites. If it ever happens again, reset the network settings.